Welcome to our website
ABOUT US – WHO CONTROLS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We encourage you to read our privacy notice carefully since it is applicable whether you access our site to simply browse through its contents or you decide to use the advanced services offered.
This information is provided in accordance with the European Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data (General Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) No. 679/2016 and Legislative Decree No. 101/2018 (Privacy Code) which provides for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. Under the above regulation, the processing of personal data will be based on principles of fairness, lawfulness, and transparency and of protection of your privacy and rights.
GilTravel srl, with its registered office in Italy, at Via Simone Martini, 120 – Postal Code 00142 – VAT and Tax Code: 06826651009, registered with the Rome Chamber of Commerce (hereinafter also Itavia.eu) is the Data Controller of users’ personal data collected through the sites owned and managed by it, such as Itavia.eu, which enables registered users, by means of login credentials, to utilize the services dedicated to them.
The address to contact in order to exercise your rights under the EU GDPR 2016/679 and the Legislative Decree No. 101/2018 (Privacy Code) is: firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that users’ personal data are kept secure, the Company trains its staff in privacy and security compliance and verifies that this compliance is stringently applied within the Company.
Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her
GilTravel srl respects the right of its users to be informed about the collection and other processing operations regarding their personal data.
In the processing of data that can directly or indirectly identify you as an individual, we try to comply with the principle of strict necessity.
For this reason our site Itavia.eu has been configured to ensure that the use of your personal data is kept to a minimum and to exclude the processing of your data when the purposes sought in individual cases can be achieved by using anonymous data (e.g. in market research aimed at improving services), or in other ways, which permit the interested party to be identified only in case of necessity, or at the request of the authorities or law enforcement agencies (e.g. data relating to your traffic data and permanence on the website or your IP address).
The determination of the purposes and means of processing your personal data and the tools to be used in this regard is the responsibility of GilTravel srl in its capacity as Data Controller.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND THE PURPOSES IT IS USED FOR
Your personal data (biographical data, user ID and password, email address) are collected and processed by GilTravel srl for purposes strictly related to the use of our websites and its information services, with information also provided by third party advertisers.
Your personal data may also be used in other processing operations but in any case, in ways consistent with these purposes.
Your personal data, in particular, may be processed for the following purposes:
- To provide you with reserved functionalities as part of login processes, such as changing your login details or your user profile
- To send you newsletters and DEM which form an integral part of our services; therefore, with your consent to the processing of your data, GilTravel srl may send you emails containing information of a technical-commercial nature, also regarding third party companies. These emails (also known as DEM or newsletter) form an integral part of the services provided by GilTravel srl;
- To provide you with services of assistance;
- To send your inquiries for information and requests for informative material (catalogues, brochures, price lists, etc.) to our advertisers;
- To process orders and manage customer relationships (deliveries, invoices, customer care) when you make a purchase online
When necessary, the recipients of your personal data will be our providers of payment or payment security systems, our delivery service providers, our commercial partners.
These companies are obliged to protect your data and use them in accordance with this privacy notice and the requirements of the law
Your personal data are mainly processed in electronic format.
Your personal data will be stored in the form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are collected and subsequently processed, and in any case within the limits of the law;
To ensure that your personal data are always accurate and up-to-date, but, in any case relevant and complete, please inform us of any changes by writing to: email@example.com.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes not permitted by law or for purposes that do not comply with this privacy notice.
Furthermore, your personal data may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies or judicial authorities, in accordance with the law and upon formal request on the part of these bodies, for example as part of anti-fraud investigations.
In the event of a restructuring, merger or sale, GilTravel srl can transfer to the third parties involved in these operations all the personal data collected and for the specific purposes for which you have given your consent. In all these cases, your consent is not necessary.
Your personal data may only be disclosed publicly with your consent and only as part of the provision of services available through our websites. Your personal data may be transferred to a third country exclusively for the purposes strictly related to the use of our websites and our information services and only for the purposes for which your data have been obtained.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE GILTRAVEL SRL WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is necessary to provide GilTravel srl with your personal data, in particular, your biographical data, email address, postal address, telephone number in order to receive our newsletters and to access the free services available through our websites, or for the provision of other services available on our websites which you have requested, or when your data are necessary to fulfil legal or regulatory obligations.
A refusal to provide GilTravel srl with any of these data required for these purposes may impede GilTravel srl from providing services through its websites, for example sending newsletters, providing information or printed materials, sending information on conferences, seminars and courses, providing services of assistance, fulfilling legal or regulatory obligations.
Failure to provide data may constitute, depending on circumstances, a legitimate and justified reason for GilTravel srl not to execute, or suspend the services that you requested.
Providing GilTravel srl with additional data, other than essential data, to enable it to carry out its services, is however optional and does not have any effect on the use of the website.
According to the circumstances and, from time to time, if necessary, GilTravel srl will inform you whether the provision of your personal data is compulsory or optional.
We will make it clear whether the provision of your data is compulsory or optional by adding a special character (*) to compulsory information, namely the sole information we need to provide services on our websites.
We remind you that the failure to provide personal data of an optional nature will not entail any obligation or disadvantage for you.
TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data may be made available to third-party companies that process data autonomously solely to carry out the operations described on our websites as set out in paragraph 3 above and only when this purpose is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected and subsequently processed and, in any case, in compliance with the requirement of the law.
Any third- party companies to whom we will make such data available are clients of GilTravel srl which, by signing contractual clauses, have provided adequate guarantees regarding the subsequent use of such data for the purposes for which your data have been obtained (requests for information, quotes, etc.).
The data will not be disclosed, given, or otherwise transferred to other third parties, without previously informing users in this regard, and with their consent, when required by law.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA FROM OUR WEBSITES
While you are using and navigating the website Itavia.eu some personal data may be collected automatically (by means of so-called “cookies”), e.g. as in the case of the collection of the user’s IP address and other information relating to the user’s permanence on the website or the preferences expressed by the user regarding the choice of services offered by the website.
This information and data are collected directly and automatically from the website and are an integral part of the functioning of the site.
For further details please read our information on how cookies work.
However, GilTravel srl cannot guarantee that the measures adopted for the security of the website and the transmission of data and information limit or totally exclude any risk of unauthorized access or loss of data.
We recommend that you ensure that your computer is equipped with appropriate software to protect the transmission of data online, both incoming and outgoing (such as updated antivirus systems) and that your Internet service provider has put in place appropriate measures for the security of data transmission online.
REGISTRATION OF BANK DETAILS
In the event of payment by credit card, the information required for the execution of the transaction, such as the credit or debit card number, expiry date, security code will be protected and managed by our systems to enable you to finalize the purchase. The information and payment instructions inserted in the payment system (credit card number, security codes) are processed using the SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) and will not, in any way whatsoever, be stored in our systems.
Under Articles 15 and 22 of the EU Regulation 2016/679, you may, at any time, exercise the following rights:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you exist;
- Obtain information regarding the source of your personal data;
- Obtain information regarding the purpose and the means of processing of your personal data;
- Obtain information regarding the logic applied in the event of processing carried out with the help of electronic instruments;
- Obtain details of the data controller and those responsible for processing the data;
- Obtain information on the subjects or categories of subjects to whom your personal data can be disclosed or to whom the data may come to the attention of, as for example, those in charge of data processing;
- Where possible, obtain information regarding the length of time the data will be stored and obtain processing restrictions;
- Obtain the portability of the data, that is receive the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to be able to transfer these data to another data controller without hindrance;
- Obtain the updating, correction or the integration of your personal data;
- Obtain the erasure, transformation in anonymous form or the blocking of your personal data processed in breach of the law, including those data which do not need to be stored in relation to the purposes for which they were collected;
- Obtain evidence that the operations, including their content at the letters i) and j) have been brought to the attention of those subjects to whom the data have been communicated or disseminated, except in those cases in which this compliance proves impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort, in respect of the right to be protected;
- Withdraw consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the data processed based on the consent given prior to the withdrawal;
- Lodge a complaint with the competent authority (Data Protection Authority).
You will, however have the right to object:
- On legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even though relevant to the purpose of the collection
- To the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of sending you publicity or direct selling materials or for the compiling of market research questionnaires or receiving commercial communications;
- To a decision based on automated processing in relation to individuals, including profiling.
You are free to exercise your right at any time, provided you do so within the limits of the law, by sending your request, addressed to GilTravel srl, to Itavia.eu. We will act on the request accordingly.
GilTravel srl may refuse to act on requests which are futile, intimidating, may compromise the privacy of others or are particularly difficult to satisfy.
You may unsubscribe from our periodic newsletter at any time by clicking on the link “Unsubscribe from Newsletter”. which can be found at the bottom of all the communications you have expressly requested to receive.
If you wish to receive further information on how GilTravel srl processes your personal data, please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about your rights and for updated information on legislation regarding protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, we suggest you visit the website of the Data Protection Authority at www.garanteprivacy.it.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Your data are kept for the time necessary to pursue the purposes set out in this notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.